Designing a Chemicals Management Policy
Companies increasingly realize they need to go beyond regulatory requirements to keep abreast of consumer demands for safer chemicals and they need to make these commitments public. NGOs and investors are asking how companies are integrating chemicals policy into their sustainability roadmaps. This course will highlight what is a “chemicals management policy” that goes beyond regulatory compliance; its value to businesses, NGOs, and investors; and how to write, update, and/or evaluate a chemicals management policy.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the core components of a comprehensive policy;
- Write a robust chemicals management policy;
- Articulate the value of having a chemicals management policy, including how chemicals management policies are core to sustainability roadmaps; and
- Understand the importance of an effective implementation strategy
- Class 1 – Developing a Chemicals Management Policy: Learn the various components of a comprehensive chemicals policy, understand the value proposition of how good chemicals management fits within other sustainability initiatives, and learn why investors value corporate chemicals management policies.
- Class 2 – Adopting Chemicals Policy in the Retail Sector: Learn how NGOs and consumer demand are driving chemicals policy adoption within the retail sector and how retailers are responding.
- Class 3 – Implementing a Chemicals Management Policy: Learn how industry leaders are meeting the real life challenges of implementing their chemicals management policy, tracking progress, and effectively communicating with their supply chain.
Next course will be in 2020. Stay tuned for new dates!