Course 1 - DESIGNING A CHEMICALS MANAGEMENT POLICY: align purpose & practice by learning the value and details of a comprehensive chemicals and materials management policy
Companies increasingly realize they need to go beyond regulatory requirements to keep abreast of consumer demands for safer chemicals and they need to make these commitments public. NGOs and investors are asking how companies are integrating chemicals policy into their sustainability roadmaps. This course will highlight what is a “chemicals management policy” that goes beyond regulatory compliance; its value to businesses, NGOs, and investors, and how to write, update, and/or evaluate a chemicals management policy.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the core components of a comprehensive policy.
- Write a robust chemicals management policy.
- Evaluate chemicals policies for comprehensiveness.
- Articulate the value of having a chemicals management policy, including how chemicals management policies are core to sustainability roadmaps and the Chemical Footprint Project Survey.
Take home resources will include: chemicals management policy template, examples of comprehensive policies across sectors, and slide decks from each class. In addition, interested participants will receive feedback on chemicals management policy ideas for their organization.
- Class 1 – Developing robust Chemicals Management Policies: Learn best practices for developing a comprehensive policy and model chemicals management policies.
- Class 2 – Evaluating Chemicals Management Policies: Learn how to evaluate and compare policies based on core attributes and comprehensive. Review example policies and discuss how they could be improved.
- Class 3 – Understanding the value of Chemicals Management Policies: Learn how industry leaders created their policy, challenges they overcame, and the value it serves in their organization. Learn why investors and NGOs value corporate chemicals management policies.
Now that the live courses have finished, you can watch the recordings at your own speed at a 75% discount. You can purchase individual courses or all four courses for a further discounted price. Get access here.