Now accepting applications for the 2016 GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals Practitioner Program
Demonstrate your leadership and expertise with professional credentialing.
Clean Production Action is now accepting applications for the 2016 GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals Practitioner Program. This is the most advanced training available for individuals who are interested in becoming licensed as Authorized GreenScreen Practitioners.
Sign up for our webinar 12 PM EST on Thursday, Feb. 25 to learn more!
“Having completed this class, I realize just how well conceived and rigorous GreenScreen actually is.This course has opened my eyes to the nuances and resources associated with assessing chemicals. As a result of taking this class I am an even more fervent advocate for using this tool as a powerful aid in identifying safer substitutes that we can reasonably assume will limit future need for replacement because of hazard." --Mark Snyder, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
What is the GreenScreen Practitioner Program?
This training program offers technical professionals – product designers, engineers, toxicologists, environmental health and safety experts, chemists, etc. - a unique opportunity to strengthen their professional portfolio while simultaneously helping their companies lead the way through the design of products that are safer for humans and the environment. As the need for alternatives assessment increases globally, in-house expertise in applying chemical hazard assessments will be an important measure of success and competitive advantage in this field.
What is an Authorized GreenScreen Practitioner?
An Authorized Practitioner is a professional with the scientific expertise and training to perform high quality GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals assessments for his or her registered organization.
What are the benefits of being an Authorized GreenScreen Practitioner?
GreenScreen provides a transparent, systematic, and scientifically-robust method for chemical evaluation. Authorized Practitioners provide their organizations with the internal capacity to effectively apply GreenScreen in chemical management, product design, and procurement decision-making processes. GreenScreen assessments inform regulatory compliance activities and support organizational sustainability and risk management goals. In addition, GreenScreen assessments completed by Authorized Practitioners are eligible for third party review and upgrading to Certified assessments, in support of ecolabels and other product claims.
This live, web-based training features:
- Cutting edge scientific information
- Personalized coaching
- Hands-on experience
- Active and engaging learning environment
- Small class size
What are the GreenScreen Practitioner Program course components?
The training program includes two course components – the Advanced Topics course and the Practicum.
1. Advanced Topics course, including:
- Twelve hours of live, interactive, participatory web-based instruction with experienced toxicologists/epidemiologists
- Applied assignments that each participant presents and discusses with the teaching team and class
- Ample opportunity for questions and answers
2. The Practicum:
- Two comprehensive GreenScreen assessments on chemicals of your choice
- You complete the first assessment in sections, concurrent with class topics
- You complete the second assessment independently
- Both assessments are carefully reviewed, with detailed feedback provided by our expert toxicologists and trainers
Where can I learn more about the GreenScreen Practitioner Program?
- Sign up for an informational webinar on February 25, 2016
- Visit our website
- Download an application
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org