New Courses 2018
- DESIGNING A CHEMICALS MANAGEMENT POLICY:
- Align purpose & practice: learn the value and details of a comprehensive chemicals and materials management policy that goes beyond regulatory compliance, provides meaningful guidance across the entire organization, and makes a clear statement to external stakeholders on the leadership position of the organization.
- MANAGING THE CHAOS OF CHEMICAL LISTS:
- Move from reactive to proactive: restricted substance lists (RSLs), manufacturer RSLs (MRSLs), and chemical of concern lists are sprouting like weeds – get ahead of these lists by knowing why they are on the rise and where they emerge from, and having the skills and resources to proactively manage them.
- SETTING GOALS AND MEASURING CHEMICAL FOOTPRINTS:
- Connect measurement & management: setting and advancing compelling goals provides an internal management tool and reveals intentions for making your organization and the world better for all stakeholders – learn how to set goals, measure chemical footprints, and assess progress to sustainability goals based on case studies from leading practitioners.
- AVOIDING REGRETTABLE SUBSTITUTES WITH GREENSCREEN®:
- Reduce risks with safer alternatives: with regulatory and market demands rising rapidly to avoid chemicals of concern, now is the time to learn how to identify truly safer alternatives to chemicals of concern using rigorous and scientifically robust hazard assessment tools such as GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals.
- Business professionals involved in product stewardship, supply chain management, institutional procurement, sustainability, and EH&S
- Product formulators, designers, R&D scientists and engineers responsible for selecting and/or specifying chemicals and materials.
- NGOs working with and engaging companies in chemicals and materials management initiatives.
- Governments, regulatory bodies, and institutional purchasers promoting safer chemicals in products or supply chains.
- Workers involved in worker and/or environmental health and safety, including labor representatives
- Sustainability, cleaner production and pollution prevention professionals wishing to promote and integrate good chemicals practices into sustainability metrics.
- Thursdays May 17, 24, 31, from 8am – 9:15 am PT – Course 1: Designing a Chemicals Management Policy
- Wednesdays June 13, 20, 27 from 8am – 9:15 am PTJ – Course 2: Managing the Chaos of Chemical Lists
- Tuesdays September 11, 18, October 2 from 8am – 9:15 am PT – Course 3: Setting Goals and Measuring Chemical Footprints
- Wednesdays October 10, 17, 24 from 8am – 9:15 am PT – Course 4: Avoiding Regrettable Substitutes with GreenScreen®
- Register. You can register for individual courses or all four courses for a discounted price.
- $389: one course
- $1199: four courses
- Learn more about our expert trainers.
- Each course involves three live, online classes of 75 minutes, including hands-on exercises, and interactions with faculty.