Course 4 - AVOIDING REGRETTABLE SUBSTITUTES WITH GREENSCREEN®: reduce risks with safer alternatives by using rigorous and scientifically robust hazard assessment tools such as GreenScreen®
2018 - October 10, 17, 24
Identifying chemicals to avoid is typically an early step in proactive chemicals management. However, once you have identified the chemicals you want to reduce or eliminate from your products and/or supply chain, how do you avoid regrettable substitutes? You want to ensure that your investment of time and resources to replace a chemical will bring you returns and value to your organization and brands.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Use GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals to evaluate and compare the hazards of alternatives to chemicals of concern, with the goal of avoiding regrettable substitutes.
- Understand how companies are using GreenScreen to identify safer alternatives.
- Describe how GreenScreen has been incorporated into standards for the building products and electronics sectors.
- Apply GreenScreen in answering alternatives assessment-related questions in the Chemical Footprint Project Survey.
- Class 1 – Understanding the GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals: Learn about the GreenScreen method for assessing chemical hazard, the 18 hazard endpoints considered, and the GreenScreen Benchmark rubric.
- Class 2 – Advancing safer alternatives with GreenScreen: Learn how hazard assessment tools can be used to prioritize, screen, and assess potential alternatives; and how alternatives assessment is woven into the CFP Survey. Hear about success stories from organizations in various sectors that have successfully identified and implemented safer alternatives.
- Class 3 – Gaining recognition with GreenScreen: Walk through steps to conducting your own hazard assessment of alternatives and learn about resources and options to successfully complete the process. Learn how a wide range of stakeholders are using GreenScreen to gain recognition with standards and Eco labels.