Avoiding Regrettable Substitutes with Greenscreen®
Reduce risks with safer alternatives by understanding how to use GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals
Identifying chemicals to avoid is typically an early step in proactive chemicals management. However, once you have identified the chemicals you want to reduce or eliminate from your products and/or supply chain, how do you avoid regrettable substitutes? You want to ensure that you have used informed decision making when choosing alternatives to chemicals of concern to avoid future risks.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Use GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals to evaluate and compare the hazards of alternatives to chemicals of concern, with the goal of avoiding regrettable substitutes.
- Understand how companies and standards are using GreenScreen to identify safer alternatives.
- Know where to find GreenScreen assessments
- Class 1 – Understanding GreenScreen® for Safer Chemicals: Learn about the GreenScreen method for assessing chemical hazard, the 18 hazard endpoints considered and the GreenScreen Benchmark rubric, and why chemical hazard assessment helps companies reduce their business risk.
- Class 2 – Advancing safer alternatives with GreenScreen: Learn how GreenScreen is used to prioritize, screen, and assess potential alternatives. Hear about success stories from organizations in various sectors that have successfully identified and implemented safer alternatives.
- Class 3 – Gaining recognition with GreenScreen: Walk through steps to conduct your own hazard assessment of alternatives and learn about resources and options to successfully complete the process. Learn how a wide range of stakeholders are using GreenScreen to gain recognition with standards and eco-labels.
Next course will be in 2020. Stay tuned for new dates!