Tides Center provides CPA with the organizational infrastructure that makes our work possible. The following explains (in their own words) what Tides Center does. To read more about Tides Center, visit their website at www.tidescenter.org.
We enable people to create and sustain a healthy, just, and vibrant world.
About Tides Center
Tides Center is a leading provider of nonprofit infrastructure services. For more than 25 years, we have been helping committed individuals concentrate their time and energy on their mission and goals.
Tides Center has been working with new and emerging charitable organizations who share our mission of striving for positive social change.
Tides Center looks to provide a fiscal home and infrastructure support to charitable initiatives that are not incorporated as a nonprofit organization. As a nonprofit itself, Tides Center is the incorporated structure for Tides Projects.
By providing these infrastructure services — such as payroll, insurance, human resources, etc. — Tides Center enables organizations to dedicate the majority of their energy to program work. For start-up or newly established groups this arrangement provides convenience, peace of mind, and in most cases a cost savings. It also allows newly formed nonprofits to establish a crucial track record of programmatic activity for funders and the public at large.
What We Do
Tides Center provides a comprehensive set of core management services to nonprofit leaders promoting social change.
By bringing quality management services to creative social innovators, Tides helps social change initiatives move forward with financial integrity.
If you become a Tides Center project, you acquire the organizational infrastructure that frees you to conduct your work in an effective, prudent, and results-oriented way. Our staff provide core services such as financial and personnel administration, while you focus on your program, planning, fundraising, and outreach strategies.
You can become a project as an interim step before creating your own organization or, like many of our projects, enjoy the efficiencies and cost savings of our support for an extended period of time.
What Tides Center Provides
- Fiscal Sponsorship — the legal infrastructure of a 501(c)(3) entity, with appropriate legal incorporation, IRS exemption, and charitable registration.
- Complete Financial Services — oversight of all revenues and expenditures, monthly financial reports, budgetary tracking, payment of all invoices, audit and governmental reporting, all tax returns, and training in budget preparation and financial management.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits — standard vacation and sick pay compensation, health, dental, life and disability insurance coverage, and a retirement plan.
- Innovative Administrative Support — an array of administrative services, from liability insurance to grant and contract management, designed to serve your needs.
- Expert Human Resources Policies, Training, and Intervention — assistance to project directors in personnel matters and annual training in human resources, from supervisory skills to harassment prevention.